okay, i think i figured out the problem, but i don't know about a long-
term solution.

based on my experience, plus these threads:
-
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/1a59a8995a270f71/fa2ffa0cdaa286c4?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=boolean+radio#fa2ffa0cdaa286c4
-
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/9e550fed4e7cf141/e4d5da4e46d3eaf7?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=boolean+radio#e4d5da4e46d3eaf7

i think the problem is that it doesn't work when you have a boolean
field set to any non-default widget. i tried this:
Field('isComplete', 'boolean', widget=SQLFORM.widgets.options.widget,
requires=IS_IN_SET((True, False))),

and it would display a dropdown, but if i chose False it would never
register.

my solution for now will be to not use a boolean field, and instead
use ints of 0 and 1. but i think there is something wrong because this
seems like something you should be able to do.

matt