On Nov 15, 12:19 am, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 7:00 pm, pierreth <pierre.thibau...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I've tried to edit my language files but my changes are all the time
> > overwritten.
>
> Do you use windows? If so, do you Mark hammond win32 extesions

No. OpenSuse 11.3.

> > When I use the web interface of web2py to edit these files, some
> > fields are in yellow. What is the meaning of this?
>
> It means the translation is the same as the original so probably they
> were not translated.
>
> > How should I edit these files to have permanent changes?
>
> There is a button at the end. When you save them they should be
> permanent. Can you help isolate what causes them to be overwritten. I
> cannot reproduce it.

May it is my code. Here I have some code manipulating the translator:

def translate(word, language, T):
    """
    Force the translation of "word" in "language".
    Restore the state of T before returning.
    @param word: Word or text translate.
    @param language: The language used by the translator.
    @param T: The usual "T" translator.
    @return: The text translated in the requested language.
    """
    accepted_language = T.accepted_language
    language_file = T.language_file
    lazy = T.lazy
    try:
        if language == None:
            language = "en"
        T.force(language)
        T.lazy = False
        return T(word)
    finally:
        T.accepted_language = accepted_language
        T.language_file = language_file
        T.lazy = lazy

def translate_fallback(word, T, fallback=None):
    """
    Try to do a translation like T(word) and fall back on a fall back
    language if it does not work.
    Restore the state of T before returning.
    @param word: Word or text translate.
    @param T: The usual "T" translator.
    @param fallback: The fall back language to used if the translation
fail.
    If None, T.current_languages will be used.
    @return: The text translated.
    """
    current_languages = T.current_languages
    try:
        T.set_current_languages(None)
        result = str(T(word))
        if result == word:
            T.force(fallback or current_languages)
            result = str(T(word))
        return result
    finally:
        T.set_current_languages(current_languages)

Could this be the problem?