On Nov 25, 9:40 am, selecta <gr...@delarue-berlin.de> wrote:
> why not send one mail with everybody in bcc?

It depends on your mail provider.  In our case, I found out that they
do not like more than 50 recipients in one single email.  So what I
often do is put 45 names at a time in BCC.  I also limit it to 500 per
hour.  Otherwise,  our mail providers can get a bit touchy and suspend
you for a while.  If I need more than 500 per hour,  I send via
alternating mail servers.  We have access to at least 4 servers,  so
that's up to 2000 per hour.

I appreciate that we can send mail directly, but these days mail from
unrecognised servers is considered 'suspicious' by the recipients'
mail service providers and then has a much higher chance of going in
the spam basket.  As we do not send spam and do not need high volumes
of mail,  we try to stay well within the rules.  Works for us  :)

-D