You may be suprised how good you are.  Especially in such short time you
can improve.  I went from barely scraping up web-pages to some pretty
impressive intra-net sites in just a few months.
.Net will eventually teach you how not to code.  It makes you truly
appriciate web2py.
It's tough to have persuade people that have a big bully behind them.  I
know the feeling, but if you can develop the prototype and you do it
right, you win.  Besides, I wonder if this consultant is coding at all.
His skills to code is directly relative to the statements he makes, at
least to me.
BR,
Jason