On Dec 4, 2010, at 2:53 PM, weheh wrote:

> OK, that did the trick. Thanks.
>
> As for the web2py_ajax.html file, all I have to say is, 'Urggh!' This
> is probably the 3rd time I've been bitten by changes to the file in
> the last year or two. Must keep that in mind in the future.

Right; you can't count on being able to simply copy it over to your application
when it changes.

I've been doing this (a little tedious, but necessary). I make a copy of the
stock web2py_ajax.html file (this could happen with other application files as
well; layout.html in my case) to keep as a reference, and then make my own
local changes to it (typically not a lot, but some).

When I'm motivated to incorporate a newer version, I diff the original stock
file against the new one, to see what the web2py changes are, and diff the
original stock file against my current file, to see what I did. Then I apply my
changes to the new stock version (keeping a reference copy, of course), and
also evaluate whether the changes to the web2py version have any implications
for my app, and deal with them.

I could probably enlist hg to help with this process, but so far I've been
doing it manually; I find it a little less confusing. You're basically merging
two parallel branches, and sometimes it's hard to do that mechanically.