For now, for testing purposes I am going to copy dal.py over sql.py
and post a nightly build using the new dal.

Long term, is this ia good solution. I would like to keep both sql.py
and dal.py and import DAL, Field from the latter but this would break
existing "from gluon.sql import *". In order not to break it, the
current approach is the only approach (replace the old dal with the
new dal and call it sql.py).

Any opinion on this matter?

Massimo