apologies, I may have posted this in the wrong thread. Reposting, just
in case:

when I made the switch, this (just below) was working great. With the
latest code it doesn't. I was able to switch my import statements
"from blablabla.sql import DAL" to  "from blablabla.dal import DAL".
Has the syntax changed?

Thanks,

Mart :)

        tbl = tableParam
        for mTbl in db.tables:
            if tbl in mTbl:
                if mTbl.startswith(tbl):
                    rows = db(db[mTbl].name==name).select()
                    for row in rows:
                        if row.name == name and row.value > 0:
                            id = row.id

        if id != None:
            db(db[tbl].name==name).update(name=name,
                                          value=value)
        else:
            db[tbl].insert(name=name,
                               value=value)