The problem with web2py is the built in internal server. Since it executes
itself on a completely separate thread, there is no way (that I know
currently) to connect a debugger to it.

I have ran into this problem with all of the python frameworks I have tried
(Django, Flask, Pylons, web2py) all suffer from not being able to step
through your code in a debugger.

--
Thadeus