Think of ipdb as of a print statement on steroids. If you want to
debug a particular part of your app, you simply add this before that
section in the source code:

    import ipdb; ipdb.set_trace()

When the server hits that part of the code, it will halt execution and
display a prompt in the terminal. It's a regular IPython shell that
accepts arbitrary python statements and expressions, as well as a
debugging environment that supports pdb-style commands, like ``s`` for
step, ``r`` for return (I think), etc. I don't remember the exact
commands, but I think you can get help by typing ``h`` or ``help``.