Hi,

Mine seemed to work fine right off the bat with Lucid using the
installation scripts that are included in web2py/scripts. I am doing
some automated installation testing so I will let you know if I run
into any issues and how I fixed them.

In the mean time I am wondering why Web2py is in usr/lib/web2py/
web2py.py on your setup. Unlike many applications, web2py.py in
particular, probably does not belong in that location (although I know
someone was talking about building a Debian package for web2py at some
point in time...). A more standard web2py setup can be obtained be
unpacking the Web2py source in /home/www-data. This is what should
happen when the included Ubuntu installer script is used.

If the included Ubuntu installer script is used then the included
services script should work as well.

Cheers,

Chris