I'm oscillating between the two, myself. I find django more verbose
than it needs to be and as the number of the applications grows in
your project you'll be switching between files with the same name till
your finger (or mouse) hurts.

Web2py on the other hand has a poorer documentation and it does not
have a administration interface customizable for the client. I'm also
not sure about how well it scales outside of Google AppEngine. This
frase taken from the documentation:

"Even if there are multiple web servers, there must be one, and only
one, database server. "

worries me a bit.

Apart from that I did not found any downsides for web2py. In my
experience most of addons that I used in django was to supplement
django's own deficencies as a webframework and not to add extra
functionality to my applications. The top apps at
http://djangopackages.com/categories/apps/
support my conclusion.