Hi Alfonso,

web2py reduces your development and maintenance costs, compared to
Django but you will find more difficult to find developers (it is
newer and there is less of them). If you have developers already that
is not an issue.

Django assumes template builders are not programmers and does not
allow full python power in templates. If you have designed who are not
programmers you may share the Django view. If your designers are
programmers they would perceive that as a limitation.

In terms of speed they should be comparable.

Django has an ORM, web2py has a DAL. The web2py DAL supports more
complex queries than Django's and uses a very natural syntax
(db.table.field>value). The Django ORM is more limited in terms of
queries (at least it was last time I used it) and has an odd syntax
(Table.field__gt==value) but it does provide special APIs to handle
many to many. The DAL tries to be as close as possible to SQL. The ORM
tries to stay as close possible to an Object model. To me that is
trying to put a circle into a square. When it fits great, some times
it does not fit.

Massimo