On Friday, January 28, 2011 12:58:30 PM UTC-5, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

> We need two steps:
>
> 1) make it behave the same (which means case insensitive, ilike on
> postgresql, now in trunk)

Doesn't this change break backward compatibility, or are you treating this
as a bug fix?

> 2) yes we can add a case_sensitive arg that defaults to True (not done
> yet but I would take a patch).

If we do want to maintain backward compatibility, wouldn't the new case arg
have to default to something like "let the RDBMS decide" -- it couldn't just
default to True (or False) because different databases have different
defaults, no? On the other hand, if that's not a concern, do we want
case_sensitive to default to True -- it sounds like not all databases even
offer that option?