It is hard to implement following internal behaviour of the control.
But I have used it earlier in other language, and it was nice
behaviour when there were many records in the related table.
Here we need to use JavaScript/Ajax to implement this. And maybe an
index on that field?

Once user pressed a key inside the control, a
SELECT TOP 31 ... WHERE Field startsWith TextBox.Value
command fired.
If it received 31 records, there was no reason to show list.
If it received 1-30, the records show in the list.
The color of the textbox can change for f.e. 0, 1, 2-5, 6-30, 31+
records.

If this is to implement, there is additional problem, that there are
languages with double-chars letters like 'ch', where we can f.e.
receive 0 records for 'Loc', but 1+ records for 'Loch'. :-))