It is all about JavasCRIPT.

To get selected row and perform an action i.e (javascript
window.location('') )
http://datatables.net/examples/api/select_single_row.html

<http://datatables.net/examples/api/select_single_row.html>To show/hide
columns
http://datatables.net/examples/api/show_hide.html

Mind that you can hide columns on the DAL select query.

in powerTable I put a variable 'selected' which triggers the selected row,
also in powerTable you can set the columns to display 'table.hiddencolumns =
['column1','column2']

https://bitbucket.org/rochacbruno/powertable/overview

http://powertable.blouweb.com/products
<http://datatables.net/examples/api/show_hide.html>