Hello Bruno,

 When am using the following code to hide columns the table has been
drawn twic:

<script>
 $(document).ready(function() {
        $('#ciId').dataTable( {
                "aoColumns": [
                           null,
                          { "bVisible":    false },
                         null,
                         null,
                        null,
                         null
                ] } );
    } );

</script>
<h1>Capital Improvement page</h1>

{{==plugin_datatable(db(db.CI.id>0).select(),_class='datatable',_id='ciId')}}

could you please Advice me?

another issue the columns are displayed as tableName.columnName is
there a way to display them with readable names?

Thanks in Advance