The individual auth_group can be used for giving permissions to that
individual user.

The main idea is to save yourself some work.  Instead of giving every
individual person their own permissions,  divide your users into
groups.  Once you have all your users in groups,  it becomes more
manageable to allocate permissions to them.

For example,  if you have 50 users,  you may find that they divide
into 4 groups.

Clients:  They just get permission to see their own profiles read-
only.
General Staff: Can view and edit everyone's profiles.
Senior Staff: Can also see all the accounts.
Superusers: Can access everything.

You can then plan your functions so that these four groups get accesss
to what they are authorised to do.  It is a lot easier to allocate
permissions to 4 groups than 50 individuals.

You need to get a pen and paper and write down what everyone should be
able to do.  There are no short cuts to thinking through the logic.

Best wishes
David