On Feb 18, 2011, at 6:49 AM, Massimo Di Pierro wrote:

> Do we know this works on windows? I do not have windows to try it.

I do not.

My guess is that it's related to the Rocket stop method. The first stop isn't
effective, and something about the second start, or its associated stop, or its
page load, fixes the problem, so that the second stop and third start work OK.

The message sequence is a little strange:

ERROR:Rocket.Errors.Port8000:Socket 127.0.0.1:8000 in use by other process and
it won't share.
please visit:
        http://127.0.0.1:8000
starting browser...
WARNING:Rocket.Errors.Port8000:Listener started when not ready.

The WARNING is a consequence of the ERROR, I think. But why isn't .stop killing
the listener?

Martin raises an interesting question, though: what's the reason for bothering
to stop and start Rocket from the Tcl interface? It's sometimes useful to
restart web2py, but that's not what happens here. Sure, it'd be nice if the
stop function worked, but even if it did, it's probably not doing what the user
expects.