I have included a response to Jacob within my own answer to that question.

I liked your answer.

I can't speak to wether django is a good web framework: I haven't used it. I suspect it is though. However, his review of web2py is not a good review at all. It is based on no experience, based on dogmas drawn from an incomplete reading of the Zen of Python??, basically just a collection of prejudice. Utter waste of time :( The only thing missing is the burning of the witch, which would totally make sense given all the "evidence" formulated against her...

It never ceases to amaze me how much effort people are willing to invest in putting web2py down... why should they even care? (Ah! But we know the answer to that of course: Web2Py is really *good* :-) )