On Mar 1, 8:34 pm, Massimo Di Pierro <massimo.dipie...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> That is a difference. They follow "explicit is better than implicit"
> and that cause verbosity. We choose to follow "do not repeat yourself"
> and "everything should have a default" so web2py's code is more
> compact. If you like this you use.

Everything has a default... maybe that's why web2py "just works." As
long as newbies are afraid to use Linux and Python because they think
these tools are too complex, we don't have the luxury of standing on
purity - to say, "It's more important for you to follow our technical
rules than to get your work done." If we do, nobody will dare to try
anything beyond Windows and PHP.