I have used nginx + fcgi for php (before moving to php5-fmp, which is
more robust), however, I really lack technical talent to implement the
same for web2py, given the nginx.conf that you kindly shared. So I
would be grateful if you write up a complete guide, when you have
time.

Cheers

I would love to see the complete