Tom,

I am designing an app with a URL structure like this:

> myapp.com/yoursitename
>
> 'yoursitename' is effectively an argument as there could be many sites and
> users are allowed to create their own sites. But I'd like it to be 'top
> level'.

An alternative might be to use subdomains eg

yoursitename.myapp.com
yoursitename.myapp.com/dashboard
yoursitename.myapp.com/users

I am looking at this for deployment on google app engine (and have not yet
looked at web2py support for it). My understanding is that google app engine
can automatically use the subdomain to restrict the view of the data so that
if I am logged into a.myapp,com I won't be able to access the data for
b.myapp.com

Sub domains give you nice scaling options in the future such as separate
servers for each domain.

What I can't help you with (because I am a web2py newbie) is how to make
this work within web2py.

Hope this helps

Dave

--