Response much appreciated
I understand some of the defining and forms bits and want to use web2py - I
do have rudimentary working apps
but i was struggling to write the web2py code to create the db tables to
match the mysql db tables i already have

it was really the bit about changing the current mysql that I have to web2py
format
I will spend some time on the book chapter etc to work out doing this before
I come back

so far:

I have tried to install mysqldb using google as an info source
using windows 7
python 2.5.1 installed
setuptools installed
seem to have issues with the get config ?? - confused here

just trying to get to a point where i can do the db structure scrape to
create the web2py db code as i interpret that is what your code does

thank you