On Mar 22, 2011, at 3:53 PM, David Warnock wrote:
> Is there any support for subdomains in either routing system? I couldn't see
> any.
>
> I am thinking of what I think 37signals use
>
> http://clienta.myapp.com/users           // list of all users for client A
> http://clientb.myapp.com/users/dave   // form for user dave within client B
> http://myapp.com/users/                    // application administrators
>
> I am interested both for aesthetics and also because GAE supports namespaces
> via subdomains for controlling access to the data.

In the new router, you can configure domain routing in the BASE router. This is
an example from the unit test:

            BASE = dict(
                domains = {
                    "domain1.com" : "app1",
                    "www.domain1.com" : "app1",
                    "domain2.com" : "app2",
                },
            ),

The domain can include a port, and the target can be a controller:

                domains = {
                    #  two domains to the same app
                    "domain1.com"     : "app1",
                    "www.domain1.com" : "app1",
                    #  same domain, two ports, to two apps
                    "domain2.com"      : "app2a",
                    "domain2.com:8080" : "app2b",
                    #  two domains, same app, two controllers
                    "domain3a.com" : "app3/c3a",
                    "domain3b.com" : "app3/c3b",
                    #  http vs https
                    "domain6.com:80"  : "app6",
                    "domain6.com:443" : "app6s",
                },

But if you want to map the subdomain to (say) an arg, you'll have to use the
regex router.