The problem for me is not being able to mix the new parameter-based routing
with the pattern-based system (my regex skills are not good enough to make
the patten system do what I want....) .

Is it possible to have parameter system in the global routes.py and then
pattern system in the app-specific routes.py?  That would solve my issues!