Oh, I figured it out alright!

just happened to be wrong, didn't really work, oh and forgot to use
CRUD! ;) LOL (then of course, my "free" time had expired)... so, no, I
didn't figure it out either :) but,

 if i can, i'd like to make a suggestion... These are really great
exercises, and as Villas points out, they come with access to the guy
with the knowledge to try to understand them, I mean really, does it
get any better?

Would be nice if there was some sort of central place to keep them and
make them available, because once posted (then later the solution),
they are are worth a lot (like many tips and trick found in the
postings, but through time, they can get lost and buried in numbers,
unfortunately) We can always, copy them, but then the google group is
growing and would be missed by new members.

this may be silly (chances are it probably is ;) ) but, my first
thought would be to have some sort of online repository, maybe a
downloadable/updatable app of sorts... best place would obviously be @
web2py.com...  maybe something like slices, but focused on learning,
exercises and a potential "ask the expert" button! ;) - actually, even
a downloadable text file would be better than not having access at all

Just my 2 cents... there is so much good stuff happening here, so many
areas to touch on, and so much to learn... and for many (like me) time
is way too limited... would be nice to be able to easily go back when
time allows... because, for me at least, web2py is alot about
learning :)

Thanks Denes!
Mart :)