I am still in the process of rewriting my modules and I've run into a
problem. First, I noticed that auth is not part of current. Only cache,
session, request, response, and T are a part of current. I have
z_import_modules.py model that I used to use to import modules using
local_import(). However, trying to set current.auth = auth in this model
file tells me that current is not defined. I tried 'from gluon import *' and
it produced the same result. Also, I tried 'from gluon import current', but
I get 'ImportError: cannot import name current.'

So it seems you can't touch current within models. And current doesn't store
auth or db. Is there a problem here or am I doing something wrong?