Hi all,
In the app I am developing I want to include messaging which would
allow users to send messages to single users or make a broadcast to
multiple users. I have a database for the messages which for now would
only be simple text, no video or pictures. I would like to know the
best way I can go about implementing this. For now, this is how I
think it should work, the user composes the message and sends it, the
message is inserted into the "messages table" of the sender and also
inserted into the messages table of the recipient/recipients.
I have some misgivings about this, because if the number of recipients
are very many, that means alot of INSERTS would be done which might
bog down my server. I have been thinking about using a MESSAGE QUEUE
for this.

I need advice/tips. I am stuck