As far as I understand their "hub" is only a front-end to Amazon's
EC2: "Deploy in seconds 45+ free server apps to Amazon EC2".
And it's free as well. From their web site:

- Your TurnKey Hub account is free
- Pay Amazon directly for the cloud resources you use
- No setup, cancellation or monthly fees
- No risk, no commitments

You're right. LAMP/LAPP gives a fast start and with the "web2py build
notes" on
http://www.turnkeylinux.org/forum/general/20110107/tklpatch-web2py-framework
installation should be easy.
I'll try it as well asap.