pbreit,
As you say, wherever possible or required, I have already denormalized
the table-structures.
Apart from normalization / denormalization issue, in many other forms,
I need to insert/update/delete records in multiple tables from one
form.
(as I mentioned earlier, there will be a mix of insert/update/delete
of record(s) in different tables.)

Massimo,
If you too haven't understood what I intend to do with these 5 tables,
I can elaborate the idea.
Pl. tell me accordingly.
The very success of developing my project using web2py hinges on this
functionality.

---Vineet