The model is in email/settings.py, the controller is email.py.  Both
are in the standard spots for web2py models and controllers (e.g. /app/
controllers/email.py, and /app/models/email/settings.py).

This was working before the update to 1.96.4, but I'm not sure which
version I had pre-update.

Based on what ron_m said, it sounds like this is a bug specific to my
app, not the update.  I'll try to isolate it.

Jay