Try this:

python
>>> from gluon.main import save_password
>>> save_password(raw_input('admin password: '),XXX)

This will create a parameters_XXX.py file. It must be in the main
web2py folder. Caveats, the admin interface is disabled if you are not
form localhost and you are not using https.
Hope this helps. Hope to have you back on the mailing list.