Can you make a list of combinations

browser name, version, server os, web server
FF, 4, Windows 7, Rocket

for which you experienced the problem?

can you also try the following:
1) in the rocket.py code replace

   'HTTP/1.1 ' with 'HTTP/1.0 '

and replace

   environ['SERVER_PROTOCOL'] = request['protocol']

with

   environ['SERVER_PROTOCOL'] = "1.0"

Looks like acts as if the protocol of response is the same as the
request but always declare the protocol of the response to be 1.1 even
if the request is 1.0. This may result in keep-alive connections
ignored by the browser. Perhaps this is part of the problem?