Many thanks Anthony,

Firstly I changed the default in 'gluon/sqlhtml.py' with 'truncate=32' on
line 1312.
Using '{{=records}}' in the view and, after restart web2py from source, all
the string fields are truncated only after 32 characters.
This solve effectively the problem without change in the view.

Secondly I tried the powerfull programmatically version you suggest, using
'{{=SQLTABLE(records,
truncate=19)}}' with the following ticket :

   File "gluon/sqlhtml.py", line 1329, in __init__
   AttributeError: 'SQLTABLE' object has no attribute 'colnames'
At line 1329:
   columns = sqlrows.colnames
I think 'colnames' is not an attribute of sqlrows ... and I'm looking to find
that, I very appreciate if you have some idea also about this issue.

-- Valter