On Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:29:19 AM UTC+2, Jonathan Lundell wrote:

> P3 needs some killer feature to motivate a migration, seems to me.
> Especially when we're hearing from web2py users who need/want to stick with
> 2.4…

I think there are *many* Pythonistas with that view.  I suppose that there
won't be one single killer feature for 3, but rather a steady accumulation
of small but useful additions.   Regarding the need for a specific Python
version: I have been able to get away so far with using my own custom Python
for web2py deployments, even on shared hosting, so I pretty much choose
which Python.  I *really* don't want to use 2.4 any more, and even 2.5 has
some gimpy restrictions on ** kwargs usage.  My standard deploy is currently
2.6 just because I know all the libraries are available, but I am starting
to use 2.7.  At least one site is running on 2.7 right now.