On Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:14:07 AM UTC-4, Valter Foresto wrote:

> I would like to use the console as a substitute for the Web Shell.

Sorry, I'm still not quite sure what you're trying to do. Can you give an
example of a command you want to enter at the console, and what
output/effect you expect? Is this something you have successfully done with
the web shell but that does not work as expected with the console?
Generally, the web shell and the console should provide the same
functionality.

> Can I interact with my application using a web-browser when I use the
> standard console ?

Yes, though they'll be running in separate Python processes. The browser
will be sending regular http requests to your app via the Rocket server, and
the console will simply give you a Python command line in which you can
execute commands in the same context in which your app runs its controller
functions (i.e., the console context will include all the web2py globals as
well as objects defined in your models and, optionally, a controller that
you specify). It should be the same in the web shell.

Anthony