A proposal....

1) we change

auth.requires_permission(....) with auth.requires(is_admin or
has_permission(...))

2) we move  everything that is not under */plugin_instant_admin under
plugins/plugin_instant_admin

3) we rename instant_admin into iadmin

4) we include it into welcome app

5) we expose iadmin and old appadmin, default to iadmin, allow
administrator to switch back to old appadmin (using session to keep
state)?

I would take a patch in this direction but I would like to hear more
opinions.
It would be great if the the edit for and the pagination table where
to expose as components to be embedded in regular pages.

Massimo