> I believe that we'll settle on Web2py (over Django) for our future web needs (moving from PHP to Python) and I'm not 100% clear how does deployment with Web2Py go...iow, does one install one instance of web2py and install specific app for each site, e.g. {app1,app2,app3} or it is required to e.g. install 3 different instances of web2py each having app{1,2,3} installed?

I think the usual way is to have one instance of web2py installed and every application is in it's own folder in the applications folder.

If you want to have a own domain name or sub domain name for each application you use routes.py to specifie what domain name belongs to which application.

With one instance of web2py you only need to update one instance. One problem is that you can't test a new version with a new version before using it on all applications. I have two instances, a development and a evaluation/testing instance that can run different versions of web2py.

Kenneth

Considering that for running django on our host provider, we can use uwsgi in emperor mode to speak with nginx (running as reverse proxy), we wonder what would be setup to run several web2py sites? Sincerely, Gour