I'm a little confused.

The auth requires decorators redirect to (say) the login page, and stuff
_next=URL() into vars. This is a bit of a hazard because vars can get corrupted
in the outside world, and we check it somewhat (I'm not 100% convinced by the
check, and it's all so not-DRY, but that's another story).

OTOH, Auth.__init__ has some auto_redirect logic that stores the next-URL in
the session (good, that's more secure). But presumably that path is different
from the decorator logic (otherwise we'd have two possible next-URLs, one in
vars, one in the session).

So what's the Auth() logic used for? Could these logic paths be unified?
Wouldn't it be better to always store the next-URL link in the session instead
of exposing it in the redirect URL?

Straighten me out, please.