Something like that does sound interesting although I suspect easier said
than done. I inquired about something similar when I was looking at Postgres
text search. It sounds like it is currently not that easy for an end user to
extend DAL to create a new type of query. That would be cool.

And I wonder what's going to be the best way to support all these new NoSQL
DBs. DAL's query syntax should be able to support a lot of the core queries
but it seems that to really take advantage, some new approaches might be
necessary.

Fun times!