I've been using web2py for about six weeks now and am loving the supportive
community. I notice that there's a strong push to focus that community
discussion here on the Google group. I wonder if this has some
disadvantages, though:

a) It seems difficult sometimes to find previous discussions of the same
issue. So I suspect people are answering the same question more than they
need to sometimes. Here it seems like Stackoverflow helps to streamline the
support process.

b) The focus on the Google group means that the web2py name isn't popping up
as often in "mixed" forums like Stackoverflow. I think that creates the
impression that web2py has fewer users than it really does.

So would there be some value in encouraging people to direct specific
support questions to Stackoverflow and reserving the Google group for things
like announcements, open-ended discussion, threads about resources and
hosting, etc?

Ian