you can use a list:string field which will store values in a Python list.

then if user type "I am alergic to :  peanut" and "I like to eat :  banana"
you have a list with

["I am alergic to : peanut", "I like to eat : banana"]

Internally dal stores a pipe | separated string in db.

records = db(query).select()
for row in records:
    for item in row.custom:
        print 'user defined %s with value %s' % item.split(':')

note you will need to create a custom valudator to ensure that each value in
custom field is separated with :

this is the easiest way. may be not the best.

http://zerp.ly/rochacbruno