> web2py is normally multithreaded when running as a WSGI app (as with its
> internal Rocket server, or Apache mod_wsgi). GAE is just catching up.
> One GAE consideration, though, is that while normally requests within the
> same web2py session are serialized, that is not the case on GAE.

Thanks for the response. If I understand the response correctly it is
okay to enable the multithreading option in app.yaml because web2py
already is thread-safe? (I am trying to use Python 2.7 on GAE - this
is an experimental feature on GAE but I feel it is the way to go)

I don't understand the implication of the second sentence though - if
through the book and it speaks about concurrent database transactions,
but not much else.