Thank you. I also appreciate you putting your app.yaml on the code
repository - it helped me get started today (before seeing what you
had done, my own had not been customized for wsgi, just Python 2.7).

I'm definitely interested in learning the relationship between the
DAL, 2.7, and transactions. I would like to help improve GAE support
in the DAL, so if there is anything I can learn from your experiences,
maybe we can use it to improve web2py code. I believe this is the
killer feature of web2py - being able to deploy to GAE easily while
still being quick to start, and portable.

Any interest?