The extra space method is probably a bug (so don't count on it working in
the future) -- instead, you can start the function name with two
underscores, or make sure the function takes at least one argument (even if
it's a dummy argument that isn't used).
See http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/04#Dispatching (callout box).

Anthony