On Dec 6, 9:49 am, thodoris <pasxi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't know about the callback argument. Thanks a lot for the tip.
> In the above case then it is not necessary then.
> I was going to use something quite complicated for something simple.
> Is it possible for the callback to affect multiple fields, or else
> what happens if there are fields with the same "id" ??

In HTML, dom elements should not share the same "id". But if you need
to update multiple divs, I suppose you could instead have the link
click trigger a call to web2py's ajax() function, which can take
':eval' as the target -- you can then return some JS, which will get
evaluated when returned (the JS can update multiple targets). See
http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/10#Eval-target.

Anthony