I have recorded what might be a similar problem. If I run the application
using the rocket server where the client browser and server are on the same
LAN the application works. If I have the client come in from another
location over a VPN I get partial pages. The Safari archive in the failure
case is about 100k short of the 400k that a normal page load takes. The
failed page looks like the jQuery Javascript that places symbols on a map
did not run at the window.load event. If I take the same server
configuration to apache/mod_wsgi it works fine in all cases.

An even stranger variable is if I use a different browser such as switching
from Safari to Firefox it works in both client locations. Possibly
different browsers have a different load order on resources within the
page, there are several JS, CSS and image files that make up the page.

It looks to me like a time out on the server cuts short a portion of the
page in the case the server is rocket and the client is coming on on a VPN
over the WAN.

I have wireshark captures and Safari save page archives for working and
failure cases if anyone wants to look. I am going to deploy on apache or
nginx so the solution was more a matter of interest that I have not got
around to working on yet.

Ron