@Massimo
So I'm not crazy, at least. Perhaps you can just add the Query and
Table methods, leaving Set "deprecated" but never removed. Isn't this
the current policy anyway? New learners would have a more sensical API
while existing users could stick with what they know. Learnability is
one of web2py's greatest strengths, and this would mitigate some
significant confusion in the DAL, one of web2py's most complicated and
conceptually hard to understand features.

@Anthony
> Though I believe it joins tables by using the WHERE clause (as opposed to
> JOIN, which is used when you pass the "join" or "left" argument to one of
> Set's methods).

When SQL does that, it itself is doing an implicit JOIN. It's really
just a syntax convenience. The JOIN is logically there in the SQL,
just unstated.

@Alan Etkin
Actually, (db.mytable.id == 3) is neither a tuple or a bool. The ==
operator used on a field returns a Query object.