Thanks I think the semantics for forms is quite different from web2py.

I think it may be easier to use custom forms vs trying to do it this way.

On 1/10/12 3:54 PM, Anthony wrote:
What classes do you need to add? Once the form has been created, you can add classes to individual elements via:

form.element('[selector goes here]')['_class'] = 'new class'

See http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/5#elements.

If you need to add a class to an input widget specifically, you can also do:

form.custom.widget.myfield['_class'] = 'new class'

You can also pass a class to the widget of the db field:

db.mytable.myfield.widget = lambda f, v: SQLFORM.widgets.string.widget(f, v, _class='new class')

See http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/7#Widgets.

Anthony