The problem I found was that Plesk requires python 2.4 and Web2py
requires at least python 2.5. So one has to install python 2.5 or
higher (I use 2.6), and use this in parallel with the python 2.4. I
could get web2py working with the rocket server. I never did get it
working with Apache so I will be interested in your results. I
currently use uwsgi on its own. This means the static directory is
served through web2py but is otherwise fast. A better route would be
nginx and uwsgi, which will work but  on my system there are still
issues to resolve.

Good luck, keep us informed of your progress
Thanks
Peter